Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm back!

It's 2012 and I'm going to try again. My goal is to bike, bike, bike. It's going to be no easy feat as I added 10 lbs to the weight I never got off last year. Yes, last year. Let's never speak of it. So the fat guy on the skinny tire has gotten fatter, one year older with no sense at all. That's because I signed up for the MS 150 for which training is a must. Not for you fit people reading this, but for us normal people. So,
I've either set myself up for failure or a lot of fun bike riding... (the smart money is on failure).

Here it is: I made a commitment, with a goal, and have no expectations that I will actually make it. Yes, I did say goal. If my commitment is the MS 150, my goal must be a new bike? No that's not a goal, that's a dream, and a blog post for another day. The goal is to lose 20 lbs before June. Hills are much easier when you weigh less. I'm not expecting long hills to climb, but after a while all the little ones take their toll on the heavy folks.

Bottom line is I'm super geeked, (excited) about this year. I have some goals to help keep me in the saddle, and as always the most supportive wife. She's the one who signed me up for the MS 150.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. You should log back in. I added your blog as a favorite. So you better start drinking and writing.

      Delete